Friday, August 16, 2013

Whip it in the Bud

It's the middle of August. It's not exceptionally warm, but the sun is still high, and the days are still long. Despite this it seems to be taking forever for my two most anticipated buds to open. One is, of course, is P. cirrhiflora. It has several large and small buds on it, but the largest of all is shaping up and beginning to show color through the sepals. That seems like a good sign, but I know that if I hold my breath in hopes that it opens this weekend - I'll pass out. The other is my hybrid, potentially my first to be registered and named. So, that's big for me, and it could be special beyond that and have potential collector value. I'd be perfectly happy with the first of these attributes. I have no clue when that will open, but it may be on the same day as P. cirrhiflora, which would make for one great day to be sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment