Friday, September 28, 2012

Exoniensis Escapade

I took the little path between my house and the condominium complex when I walked home from the grocery today. When I got to the fence that I share with them, I checked out the tops of my bamboo. But, something else caught my eye. Something pink and pendulous was hanging from the bamboo. It was Passiflora exoniensis!! More specifically, it was a withered bloom that I had missed, and when I checked the ground around it, I found one that had dropped!! So I had missed at least two of my first tacsonia blooms!

Well, I pried its wiry grip off of the bamboo and slung it back over the fence the other way toward my pergola. I came around the house, and situated it properly, so that when the next bloom comes to fruition, I'll be sure to see it. What a pity that I missed the others, but at least it's in full health even if it seems to want to run away from home. So, once again, I wait for my first tacsonia blossom.


No comments:

Post a Comment