Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pergola-tory in Maui, Hawaii

I've been in Maui, Hawaii for about a week now. I come home soon, but before I check on my own little paradise, I have some pictures to share. Truth be told the foliage here in Kaanapali is all staged. There are regions of the island that I would have liked to explore if I had a partner with which to do it, and perhaps they have more intrigue. At the hotel though, it's all hibiscus, bromeliads, bougainvillea, and plumeria.


My family and I did venture a little out of the resort area. We stopped in a little pull-off and traipsed through some forested areas where there were many plants with which I'm unfamiliar. The area wasn't a rain forest though, so it wasn't as exotic as I had hoped. Here are some pictures.



There wasn't a single passiflora in sight. That might have something to do with the strict agriculture regulations which prevent the import of passiflora to Hawaii. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait until I get home to enjoy my California flowers. But, until then...pineapples!

No comments:

Post a Comment