Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Trouble with Thrips

It was the mites last year. I was able to kill them all with some miticide, but not after some casualties. This year, there were thrips. It took me awhile to figure out what was causing the general chlorosis on some of my passiflora, and then I saw a couple of them skulking about on the newest growth. So it was back to the poison. I think I got them because the chlorosis has stopped, and since they were slightly less devastating, most of the plants have fully recovered. I do think that I've lost P. sanguinolenta. It gave me two blossoms before the pesticides burned it up. Nevertheless, I have some new blossoms from some of the other inhabitants, and the best part of all is that the leaves are looking healthy and large.




No comments:

Post a Comment