Saturday, December 15, 2018

Holiday Update - Jabo Growth

My multi-grafted jaboticaba trees are doing great. I've rotated one of them into my greenhouse for a bit to get some of the latter grafted scions to push so that I could be sure that they took on the rootstock. It seems to have worked. I got P. grandifolia and P. aureana to show their leaves and now the first of my two multi-grafts is chilling outside like it was springtime.

On my primary P. cauliflora "Sabará" tree, I now have:

  • P. grandiflora (Giant)
  • P. aureana (White)
  • P. peruviana, syn. trunciflora (Cafe)
  • P. coronata (Crowned)
  • P. coronata "Restinga" (Crowned)
  • P. sp. "Grimal"
  • P. spirito-santensis
  • P. phitrantha "Branca-Vinho" (fmr "Paulista açú") (Costada)



Besides these grafts, I have a few plants that are holding in there just fine through the colder months. Escalarte is getting bigger in the greenhouse, so that and some Red scions will probably go on to my multigrafts next spring. I'll probably do a very small graft from "Roxa Polpa" if it can survive the winter. I have had a hard time with the small plants, and this is my smallest. I've lots too many to unknown causes this last year. I think I'll stick to sticks (aka scions) or well-established plants in the future.
  • P. cauliflora x aureana (Red or "Precoce") 2x
  • M. vexator (Blue)
  • P. sp. "Escalarte" (Scarlet)
  • P. sp. "Grimal"
  • P. cauliflora "Roxa Polpa"

No comments:

Post a Comment