Friday, February 12, 2016

New Crop

I recently attended a LA Plant Trade Exchange meeting in Cerritos. The group is another Facebook group that I was introduced to through a Passiflora friend. Again, these plant people are so nice. I left with a bunch of citrus, that I plan to turn into juice.

Now I'm hooked on exotic fruits. I have some incoming seeds and plants now. I'm excited to try some new genera and potentially try some exotic fruits if all goes to plan.
  • Goji Berry: Lycium barbarum
  • Abiu: Pouteria caimito
  • Black Sapote: Diospyros nigra
  • Miracle Fruit: Synsepalum dulcificum
  • Kiwi Berry: Actinidia arguta
  • Red/Yellow Cocona: Solanum sessiliflorum
  • Bacuripari: Garcinia macrophylla
  • Cherimoya: Anona cherimola
  • Yellow Jaboticaba: Plinia glomerata
  • Belimbing Hutan: Baccaurea angulata
  • Pitangatuba: Eugenia selloi
  • Pulasan: Nephelium mutabile
  • Achacha: Garcinia humilis
Update: Later in the same afternoon that I wrote this, I received my abiu, black sapote, and miracle berry plants from 7Heads in Hawaii. They were not inexpensive, but they arrived quickly, and in the best packing container I've every seen. The box was modified with twist-ties, plant had a little newspaper in the pot and aluminum foil over that, then the whole thing was slipped in a bag and tied into the box. There was a hot glued ramp to keep the pots from slipping around. They really want their plants to arrive in great condition. And they did!


No comments:

Post a Comment