Saturday, June 13, 2015

Avocado Trio

Normally in the supermarkets one finds the Hass Avocados, and they're good. They're tough skinned so that they  aren't easily ruined, but they're not as tastey as some other varieties. The ones that I have tasted (and are better tasting) are Bacon, Zutano, and Fuerte. The latter is my favorite, but to eat them you have to wait until they seem mushy and overripe. However, once they've reached that point they are just perfect for lunch time sandwiches. So, with some seeds in hand, I decided to make little trees. All three sprouted in water and I transferred them into little pots, which they quick out grew. So now they're up potted and happily growing in the June gloom. I haven't done the research to see how many years it will take before they're ready to bear fruit for me to pick, but it will be worth the wait. By that time, maybe I'll have a yard in which to plant them.

No comments:

Post a Comment