Saturday, February 7, 2015

New Passiflora Additions, Present and Pending

I'm planning the pruning for the end of February. Many of my Passiflora vines are looking scraggly right now, but at the same time there is some new growth. I'll be cutting back to stimulate spring vigor, and hopefully a nice full canopy of leaves and flowers in the summer.

To add to that canopy, I'll be reintroducing some late Astrophea plants, but also some new seedlings like P. antioquiensis, P. cintrina, P. sublanceolata x P. foetida (and its inverse), P. vitifolia, P. bicuspidata, and P. tarminiana 'Bailadores'. I plan to remove (but share first) P. bogotensis and P. poryphretica, two Decalobas that just don't do it for me. And I might replace my Epiphyllum with Passiflora as well, but that depends on their blooms this year.

I have hopes of getting P. parritae back into my collection and maybe a couple of Astophea...I have to find those first. A couple of trips to San Francisco might help with the former. Soon I'll be making my inventory post and see just how out of control my hobby is.

No comments:

Post a Comment