Sunday, September 21, 2014

Focus on Macrophylla

I was snapping some shots in Pergolatory today. Casually inspecting my collection and noting the buds on P. aff gibertii, P. tulae, P. bogotensis, and P. misera. The first three in that list have yet to bloom, the last has bloomed but my pictures were terrible. So, I'm excited about all. I was checking out Passiflora phyrrantha which has some bumps on its tendrils just like P. cirrhiflora hoping that they'd mature more. Next to it is P. macrophylla having just dropped both of its only leaves, but with a healthy shock of 4 or 5 new baby leaves. I decided to snap a shot of the new growth when I noticed much to my surprise that there was a pair of buds! I'm still shocked, and after P. gritensis, a healthy and large plant dropped its two buds, I'm nervous. I hope these make it to bloom!


No comments:

Post a Comment