Sunday, June 16, 2013

Holosericea in the Morning

I've had P. holosericea for two seasons now. I knew that it was unlikely to bloom in its first, and after it was attached by some fungus during the Winter months, I didn't know if it would survive. Well, it did survive, and has spread to all four corners of the pergola. I noticed some buds on it a few weeks back, and yesterday one opened, but when I went back to take a picture later in the day when the sun would be at a better angle, it was all closed up. Hmmm. So, today came, as todays tend to do, and another bud opened. This time I took the pictures regardless, and sure enough when I came back to admire it again later in the day, it was already closed. It's a nice little decaloba, but I don't think that I care for how early I have to get up to admire it in the best light. I'm not a morning person.


No comments:

Post a Comment