Monday, May 20, 2013

No May Flower without May Seed!

Today two shipments of seeds arrived today! The first set is from the Passiflora Society International (PSI) http://www.passiflorasociety.org/.

P. gritensis
P. umbilicata
P. tarminiana 'alba'
P. kermesia
P. morifolia

And from an undisclosed donor to Pergolatory I received:

P. lindeniana
P. tulae
P. gibertii-like
P. arbelaezii

I actually only requested P. lindeniana, so when I found that the parcel contained the others, I was surprised and very pleased to see that last one on the list. I had to cross reference with another of my posts to check my suspicions  but I was correct! P. arbelaezii is a n=12! That means when P. tetranda arrives, I'll have twice as many n=12 passiflora to test against P. cirrhiflora (assuming she blooms)!

Update: I'm counting sprouts now.

6 P. gritensis
26 P. umbilicata
6   P. tarminiana 'alba'
0   P. kermesia
4   P. morifolia
13   P. lindeniana
1   P. tulae
1   P. gibertii-like
0   P. arbelaezii
2   P. sidifolia x (P. miersii x P. kermesina)

No comments:

Post a Comment