Friday, March 29, 2013

Pitchers

Spring is officially here, and while the sun climbing higher in the sky each day, the increased daylight has instigated some new growth. P. exoniensis has grown quite a bit and there are a few buds on it. P. trisecta too has some buds. The real news is that while picking up some soil at Home Depot today, I stumbled upon some pitcher plants. I just had to have them, so I bought a pair and brought them home. They're hanging on the trellis under P. trisecta right now. I'm not certain that they thrive there, partly because I don't know what species they are, but the light is filtered and they're protected. I even fed them a few flies that I zapped with my electric fly swatter. Perhaps they will actually catch some on their own once they're established. This makes two weeks in a row that I've found something special at a garden center. I should really venture out more often just to see what I can find.


No comments:

Post a Comment