Friday, December 7, 2012

Ton o' Tarminiana

I returned from another business trip to check on the sprout from the previous post and found 7 more sprouts coming up from the P. tarminiana trays. One of those 7 was already the height of the (actinia x sidifolia) x actinia hybrid sprout. The source of these seeds had warned me that P. tarminiana is like a weed. I am beginning to see why. I'm pleased to find that I'm at least doing something right with the seeds that were gifted to me. There are still a bunch of empty tray wells to go, but in due time perhaps I'll have some incubation trays stuffed with sprouts. I think I've solved the heating issues by insulating the bottom of the heater so that more heat is entrained by the trays and less via convection to the air. It's December, and these little plants are coming up like it's Spring!

Update: The count is up to 40 sprouts now!

Double Bonus Update:

No comments:

Post a Comment