Saturday, November 24, 2012

Green House

Even though it doesn't get that cold here in Redondo Beach, CA with a mean low of about 50°F during the night, I figured that I would set up a green house to help some of the younger and/or cold sensitive plants keep their rooting. Passiflora cirrhiflora is in there and growing like a weed now. I have two spot lights, a 32 gallon trash can filled with water and a submersible tank heater for constant warmth, a tent fan, and a few timers to make sure things turn on and off as I desire. Together in the pop-up green house, the whole thing seems to be working really well. It climbs into the 80's during the day when the sun is coming through, and doesn't go below the 70's at night.

I have 4 trays of 72 seed wells that I'm trying to germinate in the green house. So far absolutely nothing has come up. Maybe it will take awhile, maybe the seeds are sterile, maybe I'm terrible at germinating seeds. I will have to wait and see what comes up if anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment