Friday, May 11, 2012

Hapeony Mothers' Day

I recently wrote about how I transplanted all of my bromeliads to the patio planter in Pergolatory from the front yard. That decision was partly to prevent the raccoon (I suspect) from destroying my plants in an attempt to eat the snails, partly to fill the shady planter with something that would survive, and partly to put something more inviting in the front yard. Well, I think I've done that. I put a few new plants in most notably an Itoh Peony. I have zero experience with these, but from what I can tell it's going to do great.

I was out of town this last week, and at a friend's house they had several pink and purple double peony varieties, which was a strange coincidence. I hadn't realized until then that there were Japanese, semi-double, double, and bomb varieties, but there are as it turns out. So, when I got home it was great to see that mine was a semi-double and smelled pleasant.

Typically, for Mothers' Day you give a spring bouquet with daisies or lilies, or perhaps you go with something more formal like roses. But, I think peonies would make a nice choice. Come on florists, let's see some variety and peonies. OK, so since I've been over-worked as of late, I'm going to have to just dedicate the following picture to my mom. Hapeony Mothers' Day.


1 comment: