Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lovely February Flowers

It's one of those days here in Redondo Beach. It drizzles, the sun peeks through the clouds, it's overcast, partly sunny...The little weather app on my phone is killing my battery with the constant icon changes. Nevertheless, I wanted to write a Pergola-tory post. So, I stepped out to the patio and snapped some pictures of anything that might be scribe worthy. My tea tree (leptospermum scoparium) and fringe flower aka Chinese witch hazel (Loropetalum chinensis) are really enjoying the weather. In fact, they're both in bloom right now.


My woodsorrel (oxalis) is doing well too. In the heat of Summer it tends to be weepy, without shade from the adjacent plants. Now though it's in a fight with the red apple (aptinia cordiflora) in a battle for most rampant ground cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment